Chapel of Archistratigus Michael, 1846

Currently the village is empty. Only two houses and a chapel remained on the eastern outskirts of the village by the road that has long been connecting lakeside villages.
The chapel hadtypicalsigns of peasant wooden buildings of the second half of the 18th century.
The chapel acquired its current appearance in 2001 after a restoration carried out under the supervision of architect V.M. Nikonova. The work was carried out by reassembling and sorting the log construction. During the work up to 50 percent of the logs were replaced, an open portico with a porchwas restored, a roof, a belfry above it and a dome with a cross were recreated.

Related Categories