- Kenozero National Park, as an outstanding example of the North European cultural landscape, was registered by the World Heritage Center in the UNESCO World Heritage List.
- The restoration process of heavens from the prayer hall of the St. George Church in Fedorovskaya village on the shores of lake Porzhenskoye was finished.
- The project Sparks of Hope For Russian Villages, implemented with the support of the European Union, is aimed at enhancing public initiatives and effective interaction with authorities, protected areas, and the business community in the interests of rural development.
- Emergency and conservation works at cultural heritage sites — the Church of St. George the Victorious in Kazarinovskaya and the Church of Purification of Virgin Mary in Ryapusovsky Pogost — have been completed.
- The premiere screening took place of the film directed by Andrei Konchalovsky, White Nights Of The Postman Alexei Tryapitsin, that was awarded the Silver Lion Prize at the Venice Film Festival. The film was shot on the territory of Kenozero National Park.