In 1897 peasants from five villages: Vedyagina, Gorbachikha, Tyryzhkina, Kositsina and Semenova asked their fellow countryman, St. Petersburg merchant of the second guild, Kozma Ivanovich Martynov, to assist in the construction of the church.
The construction begun in 1898 and was completed in 1899. The temple was consecrated in the name of the Apostle Andrew the First-Called on July 1, 1899, and on July 1 of 1901 the refectory side-chapel was consecrated in the nameof the prophet Elijah .
The Church of St. Andrew the First-Called differs from the ancient Kenozero churches in the high and light open up interior. In 1899 five bells weighing 20 pounds were hung up. Now the bells are lost.
St. Andrew's Church is an outstanding example of the wooden temple architecture of Kenozero. Despite the new stylistics of the late 19th century, the building is marked by the laconicism and monumentality characteristic to the stone Kargopol architecture.
The temple was closed on August 17, 1938 by decision of the Arkhangelsk Oblast Executive Committee.
The church has been preserved and not even rebuilt.
In 2014 a team of local builders from the village of Ust-Pocha under the leadership of Vladimir Ershov carried out emergency and conservation work as part of the Russian-Norwegian project Wooden Architecture In The Cultural Landscape Of Kenozerye. Monitoring and Maintenance with the support of the Directorate for the Protection of the Cultural Heritage of Norway - RIKSANTIKVAREN.
In 2015, the roof was also renovated at the initiative of Kenozersky National Park, and in 2016 two domes were installed - on the church itself and on the belfry. The work was carried out by local carpenters - Victor Glushchevsky and Nikolai Gubin.